Admins can mark sections of the permit application as "Not Required" if the section does not apply to that permit. The Not Required button is shown next to any fields where this option is available:
This option may be used a lot by smaller councils, or for "smaller works" - for example, it is unlikely that Aunt Beryl putting in a new mailbox will have TTM Contractor contacts.
Note: This option is not available to users below an Admin rank.
After marking a section "Not Required", the corresponding "traffic light" on the left of the list will grey-out to show it is irrelevant. The contractor will also become unable to supply data via PermitMonitor for those sections (except for Prerequisite documents, where they will still have the option to upload files).
You will be unable to set a section as "Not Required" if the contractor has already supplied relevant data for those sections via PermitMonitor.
Why would a section be "Not Required"?
- Duration: Could be internal council works that will be over quickly, or a minor road.
- Contacts: Could be minor excavation, a private / small job done by requester themselves.
- Prerequisites: Could be internal council works where no documentation is required.
- Conditions: Could be internal council works.
- Traffic Management: Could be minor works on berm, no traffic impacted.
- Payment: Could be internal council works, customer may have external account set up with council already for ongoing works, charity event where council decide not to charge.
I clicked Not Required and now I am not getting responses for that section
The contractor is unable to update information for most sections marked as "Not Required" by the council. If this button is accidentally clicked for a section where you do require info from the contractor, the button cannot be unclicked.
If the Prerequisites section is marked as "Not Required", the workaround is to send the contractor a Message with adhoc documents for them to respond to.
A section of the permit is "Not Required" but the contractor has already uploaded information
If a contractor beats you to the punch and uploads documents / info that isn't necessary, you will no longer be able to set that section as "Not Required". Even if you don't think you need the information, it should be included in the decision-making for the permit.